Monday, September 24, 2012

Josh turns 20 on the 27th!

Josh titled his email with a quote from The Office, a TV show that we used to watch. The quote was from the boss, Michael Scott, who is a little...unaware of how ridiculous he can be. This is the quote "Do I need to be loved? No, I like to be loved, I have to be loved." Anyways, enjoy his email!

Hey fam,

What's up? Thanks for all the stuff you sent me! This week we had a baptism of three people, which was really great. It made me so happy to see them be baptized, and after they all bore their testimonies and it was so strong and so sincere, I loved it. It looks like in October we'll have a handful more. I'm with Elder Richimondg for six more weeks, then he'll leave. I'll be here at least two more transfers, maybe three because I guess I may train after my 12 weeks of training. We'll see. Great week with the baptisms.

Today was pretty crazy, so I didn't really think about what I wanted to write. First off, I have received three packages with great joy...You guys literally sent everything I could want. It's like you know me really well or something! I love the thermal top you sent me, perfect perfect. I haven't opened everything yet because I want to save some for my birthday, but what I've seen, I've loved. I'm saving Captain Crunch for Thursday, I figured I may as well wait for my birthday. Thank you so much for the packages. The assisants said they've never seen anything like the packages you guys send. I opened one in the office to put the stuff in a bag since three boxes on the bus is tough. I got letters today to, basically I made bank today. Thank you so much. I don't need to but food for like a month, which probably means about a week there.

Can you believe that I'm gonna be 20? That's really weird for me, 20 years old. It seems like just last year I was turning 19. Thanks for the messages and birthday wishes. I'll buy something special for lunch on Thursday to celebrate, but surprisingly, no one here has put a fiesta together. How rude! But I'll have a good day, turn 20, and the world will keep on turning. 20 years, wowza...

  Physics seems to stop working in the buses and trolleys here. Two objects cannot occupy the same  space at the same time. Yeah right. Come here on one bus ride, and I will prove physics wrong. Someone will leave in front of me, and somehow someone else is still there. One law does exist still here in buses, an object at rest wants to stay at rest. Here, we refer to them as the eternal sitters. You get on the bus, they're sitting, you get off, they haven't moved. All I want is a seat. They never move...

The fires keep roaring, but far from me and high up in the mountains. I can see them, but they're nowhere close to me. Today winter started, as it has been raining and storming all day, which I love. Hopefully the arrival of winter will keep the fires down. Also, we have a granadía tree and a blackberry bush in our yard, and they'll start growing fruit soon with the rain that will come. Hurrah!

I'm really excited for these next six weeks, I feel like I finally have my feet set a little better and I feel a lot more confident. I have a lot of things that I need to improve on, and I'm gonna work really hard to be the best that I can be. I 'm getting to know the people here more, and beginning to get unique with the ways I teach each family.

I really miss basketball. I saw one today and really wanted to buy it, but I would never use it. I did buy Monopoly Deal in Spanish to play in the house, which  will be fun...  

I can't think of much more to write. Thanks for all of your love and support so far. I appreciate it all and love you all...   I love you all, and will write better next week!
...
Con amor, 

Elder Thomas




Here's a picture of Josh at the baptism he talked about in his email. He's on the far left (if you couldn't tell), the two men to the right of him are missionaries (those two missionaries and the man to the right of them, I'm thinking, are the ones who baptized the three lovely women in the middle dressed in white) and friends and another missionary are on the far right.



No comments:

Post a Comment