Monday, September 10, 2012

And update on Josh...and his stomach

Josh just keeps doing better and better! Enjoy!


Hey all,

I have a bit more time to write this week than last week...This morning we went to the Teleferiqo, which was awesome and I have great pictures, but no cord, so next week I'll send them. We were super high up, maybe you can google it. It was really cool to see the whole valley, really pretty...

Now, one thing I've wanted to write home about for like 3 weeks but I've always run out of time. Remeber when they made Trix into circles in the US and no one was happy and screamed out injustice? Here, we have Trix with shapes. Here, we have happiness in cereal form. What a happy day it was when I poured my first bowl of Trix and was greeted with fruity shapes...


I can't really remember what else I wrote that I wanted to write haha, I'll bring the list next week... Slowly the house is getting cleaner, I have the kitchen pretty much under control. Gatorade is super cheap here, which is a blessing, yogurt is cheap and good too. I have two bowls of cereal and a pb and j sandwhich every morning for breakfast, and I read a general conference talk while I eat. I've kept up Ab Ripper, so that makes two years now of doing it nonstop. I doubt I've gained weight, if I have it's muscle from walking so much...


We have some good investigators that are progressing well, and hope to have a baptism before our first transfer, but we'll see what happens, we won't force anything too quick. Two groups in particular that I want to talk about quick are Pedro and the Tito family. Pedro has been inactive for 7 years, and we ran into him completely on accident after an appointment fell, and now he is coming back to the church. We've had some powerful, tearful lessons with him, and I'm so proud of the progress he's made. His family wants to learn more, and one day, if all goes well, they can be sealed in the temple. The Tito family is getting married in a few weeks, and then they'll be baptized. They've grown so much in the past month. We show up to appointments, and the father shares spritual thought with us, this week he taught us about Elder Scott's talk about receiving revelation. Very cool, and I'm honored to be in these peoples' lives.

Que mas, que mas... Spanish is coming along fine, I've been creating my own ways to teach things, and I'll send pictures of this next week. I love personal study, I'm about two-thirds of the way done with the Book of Mormon in Spanish. All you who speak Spanish should go through and read the Book of Mormon is Spanish, I love it... Anyways, this week was busy, but good, and unfortunately I don't have all the things that I wanted to write with, but that's okay. 

Cow stomach time. Monday and Tuesday were absolute agony. Dear me. Monday at 4, 9 pieces of pizza, Monday at 7, 0 inside of me. It was like my body was saying, "Was that a good decision? What were you thinking you idiot? It was the stomach of a cow, and you put it inside of you!" I can assure my body that it was no intention of mine to put that in my mouth, but duty called...

Spanish is really coming along great. I have few problems communicating my thoughts now, but there are still words I need to learn, and still some people that I can't understand, but it's getting better and easier every day. what else....

...

 I love you all so much, and will talk to you again in a week! (or during the week if something terrible happens and I need to call before I die.=))

Con amor,

Elder Thomas


Here's a picture of the Teleferiqo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment