Monday, October 22, 2012

Another email from the J-man! Unfortunately, there was not a witty email title this week, but never fear, because Josh happened to insert a part of Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" in his email..I think that makes up for it :) Also, I still can't get the picture files to copy over..I'll keep working on it..Enjoy!



Hey all,
We went to Old Quito today, and did a tour of one church, San Francisco. 800 years old, really cool. Could only take pictures in the courtyard, but that's okay. Really cool. I have a few more pictures but the internet is slow where we are (in nice Quito right now)...

First off, some things that I haven't remembered to write for a couple of weeks. Writing a week's worth of stuff in an hour is hard. The birthday card I got with the Avengers is easily the coolest thing I've ever seen... Excellent, now to the week...

I had splits with Elder Pande this week, and we created a mega cereal. I still have (had, well still have some) a box of Captain Crunch, and he found a chocolate cereal with strawberry something in the middle. We mixed the two, and magic happened. This chocolate, peanut butter, strawberry goodness, couple with hot apple cider, for the perfect cereal based breakfast I have had in Ecuador so far. Of the food from the first three packages, I have some apple cider, hot chocolate, and a bit of the Captian left. Someone went to the offices today with money, so if there is a package I'll have it Thursday.

I got letters this week from home, including a from the Cheneys, Fillmores, and Bawdens. Cheneys, thanks so much for the music, this next p-day an Elder is bringing his electric piano and we're going to try them out. Really awesome, and I promise that I write in my journal every day. Brother Fillmore, you're awesome, and I really loved that quote by C.S. Lewis, although I think that it was really a quote from you and you just didn't want to bring fame to your name, understandable. Bawdens, you guys look great with cousin Paul, I hope you enjoyed the open house, and thanks so much for the pictures...

  I couldn't stand the cold in the house at night and in the morning, so I bought an electric heater for like 20 bucks. Worth it, and now at night I sit in front of it when I write in my journal and study, it's like a little campfire. So thanks for unintentionally giving me the money to buy me the heater, I really appreciated the charity...

Dad, I got a letter this week with Spanish sayings from you, and the Latinos loved reading them and teaching them to me, I'm trying to use more whenever I can.

Christmas stuff, Mom, you asked what I want in a letter you sent. I don't want a lot for Christmas. There is just one thing I need. I don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree. I just want you for my own, more than you could ever know. Make my wish come true...baby all I want for Christmas is you. Also, some warm flannel pajamas, food, a nice new journal (mine is running out, should last till Christmas), those circle pretzel chocolate things, whatever else you guys think may be helpful... Whatever you send, I'll be happy with. The best gift will be that we get to skype.

Eliza and Jack are so big and so cute, I can't wait to play with them. Time is running short, so I better start finishing up. We had a baptism this week, and she's so excited to be a part of the church, it's great to see her conversion. I had an interview with President Ghent this week, which was really great. He's an awesome guy... I love you all tons. Also, primary program was yesterday, classic, even better in Spanish, especially the random note singing for each song. Universally classic. Love you tons!


Con amor y hambre,

Elder Thomas







No comments:

Post a Comment