Monday, December 17, 2012

Josh's title: 4 8 15 16 23 42 (from Lost)

Hey all,

This last week was really crazy for us. Monday, we went to Cotopaxi and were exhausted afterwards, then Tuesday we have to get up at 5 to go to a reunion for trainers at 8. Wednesday, we have to get up at 5 again to go to the north to do paperwork for Elder Sanchez. Thursday, normal. Friday, we didn't work, we had our Christmas Dinner with President and Sister Ghent, which was awesome. Saturday, normal. Sunday, normal.

The trainer's meeting was really great, I learned a lot of things that I need to do better as a trainer. Elder Sanchez has been doing really well, and President and the assistants are really happy with his progress, but there are always things to do better. I need to do a lot better about explaining things and demonstrating things, and not just saying the things that he needs to do better. I've been really grateful for this time I've had to train, because I feel like I've been learning a lot more than Elder Sanchez has. It's always a good thing to learn about and practice the basics, because when you can master those, then you can really get going. I have one more change here in Guamaní. Four changes here. It's been really long and really short at the same time, but I've enjoyed my time here. I know the ward really well, and know every part of the sector. It'll be hard to leave, but exciting, too. Six more weeks, then adíos Chillogallo.

I got a package from the Ebberts today, thanks so much. Everything tastes great, and is already half gone. I love those little caramel things from Trader Joe's, nailed it there. As for the letter, thank you for you love and support, and for making me super jealous with your paragraph about movies. All the movies you mentioned will be awesome. If I had to guess, I would say that Lawsen is going through a "Kirby" stage, but that's just me. Jensens, I got your letter, thanks so much. I loved how Ethan put "Noveber" for the month. Thanks for you words of encouragement and the funny quotes, Anna, and Mark, it sounds like everything is going great for you at work. Keep it up. Ethan, your air soft gun sounds awesome, and I've been eating a lot of bananas here.

The Christmas dinner was so awesome. President and Sister Ghent went all out, it was awesome. We had turkey, potatoes, vegetables, healthy things, and not rice, which is just so wonderful. I can't explain how much rice is put into me on a daily basis. No gracias. It doesn't even taste like anything, it's just bland rice with too much salt. But, no rice was found at the Christmas dinner, which quizás is the greatest gift of all. I got to see Elder Pande again, which was awesome. He's one of my favorite missionaries. He, Elder Smith, and Elder Bautista have been great leaders to me. Elder Pande is just super funny. There was a drawing for a present, and Elder Pande was telling everyone that he was going to win, and no one believed him. His name was drawn, he stood up, fist pumped, and shouted, "Yes! ¡Les dije!" very loudly, and it was really funny. We had a really fun time, and didn't get home till 11, so there was my once-a-year "late night" out. Really love it, I wish it was a lot longer to be honest. We went carolling, ate cookies, had hot chocolate, the works. 

This next weekend, Sneider's mom is getting baptized, and we're really exicted. They've made great friends in the Church, and plan on going to the temple as soon as possible to both go through for herself (Sneider baptisms), and to do the work for her husband who died 5 years ago. It's going to be really hard to leave them at the end of this transfer, but it's comforting to know that they have friends in the Church to help them out whenever they need anything. Hopefully this will be a good change for us, we're coming off of really good six weeks, and hopefully we can keep it going.

We hardly had studies this week, which kind of stunk. I had one day with full studies. It stinks when we can't have studies! This week will be better, though. I finished the four Gospels this week, and am working on the rest of the New Testament as quickly as possible, and am still going strong with the Book of Mormon. I really love my studies, but since we didn't have them this week, I can't blow your mind with scriptural aweseomeness this week. My bad.

Not much happened this week, so I don't have much more to write, sorry fans... Thanks for writing me, and thanks for all that you do for me...

Con amor,

Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment