Monday, November 5, 2012

Colada Morada

Happy Monday! I still can't get the pictures to upload--something about the formatting--I'm trying to figure it out still! Enjoy!


Hey all,

I am still in GuamanĂ­, probably for three more months. Turns out that I'll be training a brand new missionary, which is kind of intimidating to think about, but I`m also excited to work with a brand new missionary. I won't have a companion until Wednesday, so I'm living with the zone leaders for the next couple of days. I'm honestly kind of scared, because I'm totally in charge of the sector now, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to train well, but I'll do my best. I hope my companion's name is Elder Wayne and he's a billionaire vigilante.

Our rabbits had babies this week! At least five, maybe more.

Jake, awesome job being in the Friend! You rock buddy! Keep up the good work, keep helping out old ladies, and you'll be even more awesome than you are now.

This drink, colada morada, is literally the best drink that I have ever had, without any doubt. It is basically every good fruit there is boiled into one drink. It's almost pure fruit, so it's really good for you. They only have it here the first weekend in November, so I had 12 glasses of it before I started fasting. They also make babies of bread with jelly in it, which is really good too. Steve, I don't know if you've had colada morada before depending on the times you've been here, but you have got to try it, it is so so so so so so so good. My favorite drink ever, and now I have to wait a year to drink it again.

Elections must be nuts right now. I kind of miss being there to see it all. As a representative of the Church, I probably shouldn't talk about politics. (Go Mitt!) So we'll leave it at that (Go Mitt!).

We had an awful storm the other day, Tuesday I think, and I was completely soaked. It was miserable. I have never been so wet and so cold. At night, we sat around the califactor and our clothes steamed dry for like a half hour. Elder Richimondg assured me that worse storms are yet to come, so I'll have to learn how to properly bundle to stay dry and warm.

I bought a mango this week, and it's a bit early for the good ones, but this mango was still really great. I went mega mango and had dried mango with fresh mango, and mi cuerpo was happy. The peanut butter you sent with cranberries is really good too, and thanks for the hot chocolate. Spot it is a big hit, I opened it in the office and we played with the people there for like a half an hour. We didn't go to the offices today, I'll be up there Wednesday to get my companion and maybe Monday we'll go too.

Dad, I got a letter from you with the talk from John Groberg about honoring the Priesthood, and that was awesome, I've read it several times. I think too often we forget what the Priesthood really is and what we can and should do as holders of that Priesthood. I need to do a better job of remembering that, and I've been putting more emphasis on the Priesthood whenever we teach about it. It really is the power of God, and can only be found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. That knowledge, coupled with reading the Book of Mormon, will help any person understand that Christ's true church is on the earth again.

I've been reading the New Testament in Spanish, and I love it. The scriptures are awesome in Spanish. Like the Book of Mormon, when I read in Spanish, it feels like I'm reading the scriptures for the first time, and I learn tons of new stuff in the chapters that I read. Did you know in Matthew 20 (I think), Jesus says that we need to recieve a baptism just like He recieve, and in Matt 3 we learn that that is by someone holding the Priesthood, by immersion, and when we're old enough to know what we're doing. I read that and was like, "Boom! Prepared to respond to infant baptism (coupled with the Book of Mormon, obviously)!" I always forget how good the Bible is. People should read the scriptures more, they'll be happier.

The Avengers was on in the store today, I was tempted to watch, but I pretty much have it memorized in my brain, so I'm doing great.

One of our new Zone Leaders, Elder Peterson, is great. My first night in Ecuador, I worked with him, and thought "He's awesome!" and now he's my Zone Leader, so I'm pretty excited. Elder Smith, my other Zone Leader, is on his last six weeks, he sees the Christmas stuff and gets pretty trunky. Elder Richimondg is about two hours north from here, and he's finishing up the training of another missionary...

The letters that I get are great, and really help me to go into the week to work harder and happier, so thank you all for sending me your awesome letters, keep it up because it means a lot to me...

Matt Denkers, you report to the MTC this week. If you read this, good luck buddy. I'll be praying for you and can't wait to see you in two. Send my parents your contact stuff and I'll write you. Love you buddy!


Another tough week for us, no one at church, no one progressing. Pray for our sector and ask Heavenly Father to help us find some good people who really need the Gospel.


Time to wrap up! Love you all, ask me questions and I'll try and respond. Daylight Savings does not exist here. Colada Morada is great. I love you tons, and will talk to you in a week when I have my son by my side.

Con amor,

Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment